11/2/10

Feeling A Little French!

Lately I have been in a bit of a French mood listening to music by the Paris-based band Gotan project, watching Le Fabuleux Destin d'Amélie Poulain and loving the super cute French-themed illustrations of artisit, Elaine Biss.




In addition to my adoration of old school new wave, punk rock and alternative music, I absolutely love music featuring the accordion! Gotan Project is one of those very cool bands featuring this underrated instrument. I could listen to this music all day.

******************



I just love this movie—the story, the cinematography, the soundtrack, audrey tautou, everything about it. The use of color is so amazing in this film. And even though I don't speak or understand French, this is one of my all time favorite movies. Guess what I'm getting ready to watch right now!


******************




Elaine Biss is an amazingly talented couture artist/designer who devotes her time to creating lovely feminine art. I just love her wonderful illustrations and work! Recently, Elaine published an illustrated book called Vie à Paris. It's absolutely charming! The above video showcases some of the pages from the book. You can purchase your copy here. A great gift for the holidays!

1 comment:

Elaine Biss said...

Too awesome!!! Thank you!!!